- This event has passed.
Bark in the Park – Dachshund Races
September 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$10.00
Print your registration, beginning at noon, to the Gazebo to sign in for your dog’s race. Your registration ticket will be scanned.
Race Rules: Rain or Shine! Bring chairs to watch. No coolers allowed.
- You will need two people to race your dog. One to hold the dog at the starting line and one to catch the dog at the finish line.
- You do not run with the dog. Each person stays at the starting line and finish line.
- No throwing balls or toys, dogs must run (or not run) on, their own. The person at the finish line can hold a toy or ball.
- Please keep all dogs on a leash until it is their time to race.
- Race judges will have the final say on the final winners.
- Registration is limited to purebred dachshunds. A Weenie Wannabees race will also be conducted for dogs under 20 pounds and under.
- Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place purebred dachshund.
Also, 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in the Weenie Wannabees.
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO BUILDING THE MESABI HUMANE SOCIETY!